Printing isn't always smooth and at times you could encounter frustrating technical glitches while working on it. In addition to its numerous problems, the Canon Printer Offline Error can be the one that drives you to the ceiling
when it is unable to finish an image. lexmark printer offline problem is a common issue,
but thankfully, it is able to be eliminated. Before proceeding to switching Canon printer offline to online mode, the first user must be aware of the Lexmark Printer Troubleshooting causes that cause the error happen.
There are numerous effective methods available to assist you in resolving this Canon Printer offline issue, and this article will go over the various options. As a result, you can take the steps one at a time and try to solve the problem on your own. Take a look at these time-saving steps:
Step 1: Reconnect your printer via wifi to the internet.
Begin with the basics before branching out. As a result, use wifi to connect your printer to the internet.
1. First, forget the router and disconnect it from the printer.
2. Connect it to your printer. If you’re using a USB cable, join them using the help of a USB.
3. If you prefer to connect the wireless device wirelessly to an internet router, start the wifi Wizard Setup window of the touch screen printer and connect to it.
4. Hold down the printer’s wifi button until the wifi light starts blinking.
5. When you’re specific, and your printer starts blinking blue, connect to your router’s wifi and press the WPS button.
6. These methods will allow you to connect your printer to wifi and then connect it to the printer.
Step 2: Uncheck the “Use Printer Offline” box on your PC:
1. Click “Start,” then type “Control Panel” into the search bar.
2. Then, select “Hardware and Sound ” from the list of sub-categories.”
3. On the next window, select “Devices and Printers.”
4. Right-click your Canon printer and select “View what’s printing.”
5. Select “Printer” from the menu in the upper-left corner of the screen. You can do so by selecting it from the menu dropdown.
6. Make sure that “Use printer offline” is not selected. If it’s checked, uncheck any tick marks before saving your changes.
7. After making changes, select “Cancel all documents” and reconnect to your Canon printer after making the necessary changes.
If you’re still unsure whether your Canon printer is in offline mode, proceed to the next option.
Step 3. Restart your printer’s spooler
Printer Spooler handles all printing jobs that are sent out to printers. Try restarting the Spooler service, and make sure that this can fix the Canon printer offline issue.
At the same time, press the Windows key + R.
1. This will bring up the Run box. Now type services. msc and hit Enter.
2. The window ‘Services’ will open, and you’ll find the number of Windows services there. Select any service and repeatedly press P until the Printer Spooler appears.
3. Then, right-click on the Printer Spooler and select the Properties option from the menu dropdown.
4. Under the General Tab, select the Stop option located under Service status. Click”OK” to save your modifications.
5. It is expected that the Printer Spooler service will get removed for the moment. You can now navigate to delete any printing job.
6. To do this, open Window Explorer and open C drive. Windows >System32 Spool >> > PRINTERS.
7. A pop-up message will appear on the screen, asking for permission. Click Continue.
8. The folder will now open, close the window and return to the General tab.
9. Time to start the spooler service. The Startup Type of the spooler is set to Automatic.
10. Restart your computer and see if your Canon printer offline error has gone away.
Step 4: Install the most recent Canon printer drivers.
If the above strategies don’t work, it indicates a problem with the driver for your printer. This means you need to remove the driver for your printer first and then reinstall it by hand.
Download from the official Canon setup site. After downloading the necessary driver and program, you can follow the following steps to install Canon printer drivers correctly.
1. Start the Run window by pressing the Windows keys and then R simultaneously on the keyboard.
2. Open Device Manager> > Print Queues (in the submenu),
3. Then, right-click on the printer’s hardware and choose Update Driver.
4. The window will ask you to answer the question, “How do you want to search for the driver?”
5. Select ‘Browse my Computer’ for driver software, then continue.
Please select installing the driver for your printer and then upgrade them accordingly.
1. Then reboot your system to examine if the error has been solved or not.
The steps above will aid you in turning your Canon printer online.